PARTNERS + SUPPORTERS
Growing Our Collective Power.
GOOD TO BE GOOD works with local organizations, institutions, movement leaders, community members, businesses, elected officials, natural helpers, individuals and community groups with active and lived experiences to advance our mission and shared vision for gender equity.
We mobilize partners for collective action by strengthening community care and challenging patterns of oppression that harm women.
It’s true: it does take a community!
We know that everyone has the full-circle power to strengthen their connection and service to communities—and for organizations of all kind to positively and justly affect them economically, environmentally, and socially.
While much of our work focuses on working directly with community members, fostering collaborative and meaningful relationships is critical to advancing our mission and creating broader systems that are equitable. We mobilize action based on common values of respect, inclusion, justice, wisdom, dignity, empowerment, and a bold vision for a gender equitable and compassionate world.
Our partnerships are formed by understanding that we empower the agency and capacities of community members and serve as equals. We do not promote a framework that doesn’t seek to prioritize social justice and equitable progress. We do not reinforce paternalistic practices and solutions that exert decision-making power and control, cause more harm and perpetuate power imbalances within priority communities. We view partnerships as redistribution of power and privilege, sharing resources and knowledge, centring the experiences of women and gender-diverse people, integrated investments, and long-term commitments to equity—not as handouts or concessions that maintain routine the status quo.
Key ways in which we leverage partnerships:
– A commitment to naming and addressing the structures that enable disparities and inequalities to persist as a way to close gender gaps, eliminate barriers, and reduce unequal conditions for women and gender-diverse communities
– Leverage existing assets to build collective capacity and realize tangible grassroots solutions that strive to achieve long-term impact and meaningful participation of all women and gender-diverse people across all levels
– Partnering on scalable, community-focused participatory solutions that aim to reinforce social and economic resilience and strengthen capacity and the right to self-determination for priority communities
– Providing mutual aid-based support that emphasizes solidarity rather than charity, culturally-relevant social resources, and holistic material and social support that isn’t hierarchy-based but investment-response-based and rooted in liberation, consent, and co-creation
– Authentically engaging affected communities—especially those of Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour, who have been institutionally and interpersonally held back from progress—to help shape our thinking and solutions when advancing priorities and building new tools required for systems change
– Maintaining a long term-vision while addressing immediate needs in the development of our efforts and goals
Our work is powered by people like you who believe in our mission: community leaders and members, service providers, brands, foundations, and groups whose contributions have significantly enhanced our programs and services and help us carry out vital work.
A special thanks to our supporters and collaborators who wish to remain anonymous but are equally committed to advancing gender equity solutions. No matter the donation or contribution, our supporters are helping shape a world that reflects our shared values and dedicated to building equitable communities by investing in women and gender-diverse people.